Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Keys

Cripes, what a journey.

This isn't a major update as I still want the final update to be pictures of the house with everything in it.

DAY 161

Last Tuesday, Jace met my dad and I at the house to walk through and make sure everything on our punch list was fixed.  He has done such a great job with being on top of the mistakes of the house and I have ZERO complaints with him.  The only issues have been with the subcontractors.  At the end of the meeting, we signed off on a few papers and he gave us the keys!!  AWESOME!

Since then, Becky and I have been doing work when we can, but she got a new job and I have been insanely busy with my new job and coaching that we just haven't had any time to do anything.  Luckily, my parents are still fantastic at helping us and have done a good amount of work.

Also since then, the painter has been out to fix some marks and put a clear coat on the front door.  His work has been fairly good, but not fantastic at times.


So, yeah.  From the first dig day at the end of March until now, it has taken 161 days.  That's honestly not a long time, but still over a month beyond their guaranteed end date.  That has been frustrating frankly and WH has not been overly apologetic about that.  That's our only major complaint with them.



Becky and I want to thank all of you who have read and posted on our blog.  Again, we will be back with final pictures of the house decorated in a few weeks.  Until then, please let us know if you have any questions about the process!

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It's coming, it's coming! We've had zero time to unpack and I don't want to take pictures of messy rooms. I'll get to it in a week or so! :)

      Delete
  2. Been over a week J.J. Just Sayin...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's coming, I promise! I haven't forgotten! The house just isn't organized as Becky and I have ZERO time. I'm hoping a large portion of the work will be done this weekend. I'll take pictures either way :)

      Delete