Thursday, August 29, 2013

Not Happy

One of the things Wayne Homes touts is their ability to put up a quality home in a very short period of time.

My projected end date was July 23rd.
My guaranteed end date was July 31st.

It is now August 29th and I am not in my home and I won't be in it for at least five more days.


The electrician was a mess, the touch up paint work has been pathetic at best and the overall delays the last two months have downgraded my opinion on Wayne Homes a tad.  Again, they people at WH, especially my field manager, have been fantastic.  But, if a company is going to give out these end dates and not be able to come close to sticking to it, maybe they should rethink their policy.

I'll post pictures soon, but the columns out front look sad.  There are distinct tape marks on them from sitting in the hot garage for months and they also need a coat of paint to fill in very noticeable gaps/holes.  Why should I be responsible for that?

It also doesn't help that a delivery man ran over my mailbox and my neighbor's mailbox... but that has nothing to do with WH.


I'm sure I'm just stressed because I'm a week into a new job and coach after work, so I have no time to be at the house.  I spent my few free hours putting together furniture last night, so I don't have any time to directly address issues with the house.  Thankfully, my mom and dad are awesome and willing to help with everything.  I would be nowhere without them.


To be continued....

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your delay and frustrations.
    I laughed when I read your post about the cleaning. I couldn't agree more!! Oh well. At this point it would be good to just have everyone leave and finish what you can so it's done right. That's what we did!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear you too were behind on your close date. It's vary frustrating. We were pushed back due to being able to get permanent electric hooked up. I was basically given three days the week before leaving on vacation and everyone I spoke to, including our field manager knew it would take longer than that. So, it did and it voided our completion date. We got in very shortly after but still, I was not thrilled that it was deamed my fault that I wasn't given enough time to get that taken care of.

    ReplyDelete