Friday, May 31, 2013

Here is the Reason Why I Don't Deserve This House

So I've been fantasizing about how I'm going to wire my house and make it this ultra sleek tech'd out place.


I have all of my (necessary) Cat6 run, but I still need to do most of the speakers.  I told myself that I would have time, that they wouldn't be doing drywall yet.  I told myself that this is going slowly the last few weeks and I just want the whole thing to be done.

I'm dumb.

My dad and I were at the house last night where we saw all of the drywall was delivered.  I called Jace because I was concerned they may start hanging it and we still needed to insulate some inside walls for sound-proofing and run speaker wire to every room.  He said they would start today, but he would tell them to only do the upstairs so that I could get in this evening and run my speaker wire.  My dad and I scrambled last night and got all of the extra insulation in, but guess what happened today?

They put up the drywall... ALL of the drywall.  The entire house is done and none of my speaker wire is run.  My stupid self loves to wait until the last minute to do things and now I've almost totally screwed myself.


Lesson here folks: don't be like me.

2 comments:

  1. Just came across your blog. My husband and I are thinking about a wayne home in Pittsburgh! Where are you guys building in Pittsburgh? We're looking at the Mt. Lebanon area. I have lots of questions!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Beth!

      Feel free to email me with any questions :) I'm located in Sewickley.

      jjveshio@gmail.com

      Delete