Sunday, August 25, 2013

Cleaning / Walk Through / Inspections

Last week was all about the little things and getting the house ready for final inspection.  I'll get some pictures in the next few postings after we have the keys and the final product is ready to be shown off.

Jace, Becky and I walked through the house on Friday the 16th (DAY 143) to put tape on every little mistake.  The house was practically covered in blue tape, but it's not as bad as it might seem.  Scuff marks and paint drips will happen.  It's just really nice to see Jace be so diligent and willing to not overlook anything.  He's awesome.

The plumbing was passed over the weekend as we expected.  No complaints about the plumbing work. (Saturday the 17th, DAY 144).

We received a check for $500 from Wayne Homes since they went passed the guaranteed end date of July 31st.  It's the electricians fault, but we still aren't happy it's taking so long.

The drywall guys came in to fix drywall errors on Monday the 19th (DAY 146).

The cleaners went through the entire house and cleaned on Thursday the 22nd and Friday the 23rd (DAYS 149 and 150).  Frankly, I think they could have done a little better job.  The basement was swept, but not cleaned after the mud got in there.  There is still some dirt on the basement steps and everything just feels like it could use another really good scrubbing.  Maybe their job is to only rough clean and we just get the minor things.  I'm sure we'll go over our main floor multiple times so it's clean enough to go barefoot constantly.

Trim guys came on Thursday to put up the columns.  They look OK, but need to be painted frankly.  I hope the painter does that.

The painter was also there on Friday the 23rd to do his thing.  He wasn't finished and was supposed to come back today.  He could stand to step his game up a little bit as well frankly...

My dad has been awesome in working to landscape the best he can.  It's still very rough, but we'll get there.  He and my mom also put up our mailbox yesterday!

Inspections also passed for the electric and occupancy on Friday.  Jace worked feverishly to get us keys that afternoon, but the paperwork didn't go through.  I'm sure we'll get them tomorrow or Tuesday and I will be getting my crap in their immediately!! Of course... school starts tomorrow and soccer is still going, so I have literally zero time.  I'm just so stoked.  Becky is stoked.  I can't wait to show you all pictures of our rooms and to see our style.  Updates coming later this week with final pictures.  Becky and I had people over to play Magic: The Gathering last night.  I just can't wait to be in there comfortably and do my own thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment