Thursday, June 27, 2013

Trim Delivered / Problems and Concerns

The trim was delivered, which had me really excited because I feel like putting in the doors and everything else is a huge step towards making it feel like a real home.

A few things.  I had a concern with the ceiling, which seems can not be fixed.  Since the first coat of paint has been put on and everything has dried, the ceiling doesn't look bad.  I was looking up knockdown textured ceilings and it seems like what we have is that.  I still think there was a BIG miscommunication error and we were not told or shown what we were getting.  Jace told us none of their model homes have smooth ceilings, but I just simply don't remember noticing what the ceilings were like.  I just assumed a smooth ceiling could be achieved.  Either way, most people that come over actually compliment the ceiling before I say anything, so maybe it's not all that bad.

DAY 85

The underlay for the vinyl floors.  We decided to buy laminate flooring instead on our own.  We are still going to get the vinyl and carpet for the first floor, but we won't pay for the labor.  Go Jace on that one!!


So, Becky and I went up late to look at the trim and I was super mad because the french doors had wood paneling instead of glass.  Well, I'm a dummy because it was glass with a film on top for protective.  Crisis averted.


The painter put on the first coat of paint and the ceiling looks a little better, but this tape mark in the sun room is VERY noticeable.  I've spoken to Jace about it and he agrees it is not satisfactory.  If it doesn't get better, he will have the drywall guys redo it.

This weird part above the basement entrance is only there because we have 9ft ceilings.  The still probably could have boxed it off or something, but the real concern was that the angled part was textured like the ceiling.  It looked idiotic, so we had the painter smooth it over and just keep it the same color as the walls.

Uh oh time.  While digging out the downspout drains, my dad hit into the gutter on the front of the house.  It's pretty bad and he felt awful.  We'll get it fixed.


No comments:

Post a Comment